Friday, May 29, 2009

Take me out to the Ball Game . . . . .

One of of my favorite summer family activities is to go to
watch the Great Lakes Loons play baseball.

My parents bought tickets for 8 Friday Nights games this summer. Tonight was our first game. The Loons played Peoria. It was very fun. I love all the action, the people, the music and Lou E. Loon (the Loon's mascot).

I saw my Uncle Kirk, Aunt Pam and their grand-daughter Olivia at the game. I also saw many of our friends. Some of the ushers from last year remembered me.

It is a great family activity. It was a beautiful night....it was a little windy and after the sun went down, it became chilly. I had two blankets on my lap and still had to go over to the fireplace to warm my hands during the game. At the bottom of the 8th inning, we decided to go home, it was 9:40 pm...way past my bedtime. The game was tied 7 to 7.... so we are not sure who won the game. I was pretty tired and it was cold.


I am looking forward to going to watch the Loons again in a few weeks. It was a great night for baseball.

5 comments:

phyllis said...

Lindsey---did you see the LOON BIRD tonight? What fun!

Nancy said...

Hi Lindsey! It was good to see you at the game. The Loons won on a homerun that was really close to going fowl.

It was a great game!

MyOhMy said...

Of course the ushers remembered you, you're unforgettable... just check out that beautiful smile in the last picture - amazing!

Sheryl W. said...

Hi Lindsey,
You've got me beat- I've still never been to a Loons game! I also wanted to tell you how nice you look in pink! I'm going to show my grandaughter, Molly, your page, she will be so happy to see you. Have a good week!

Beck said...

Sounds like fun!