Thursday, April 9, 2009

Everyone should have a friend like Colleen......

I would like you to meet
my very special friend.
Her name is Colleen.
Our heart connection is Disney.


A few years ago, while celebrating my birthday at Walt Disney World......we happened to run into Colleen in the resort gift shop. My mom knew Colleen because they worked for the same company and had mutual friends. There is no such thing as a coincidence - what are the chances of seeing someone from our home town while visiting a huge place like Walt Disney World? After that "chance" meeting, we began to chat about our love for Disney. Colleen visits Disney multiple times each year and loves the place more than anyone I know. She always wears something from the mouse....a pin, a coat, a ring or watch...something that shows her favorite vacation spot. Disney makes Colleen happy on the inside.

We have become good friends.....we meet for lunch, exchange e-mails and we even plan our Disney trips together. We had to cancel our last trip with Colleen because my Grandpa Bob became very sick and she went to Florida alone....she extended a lot of grace to our family. Colleen and my Dad are already looking at December flights so that we can spend my 25th birthday with Mickey Mouse.

Colleen is a very giving person. She has a huge heart, especially for people with special needs and those that are sick. She gives to those that need extra love expecting nothing in return. Her laugh is contagious and when she sees me, her face lights up!!! I am blessed to have such a great friend......she understands my love of Disney......Everyone should have a friend like Colleen!

3 comments:

MyOhMy said...

Thanks for introducing us to Colleen... we've heard great things about her, but never met her before. It's so wonderful when God gives us special friends like this :)

phyllis said...

I HAVE BEEN WAITNG TO MEET COLLEEN AND NOW I HAVE --KINDA! LINDSEY SURE LOVES TO BE WITH YOU AND THAT`S GREAT!

duffy said...

THanks for sharing about your friend
Colleen. I like to hear about how people share love for one another!