Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Proverbs 18:24 . . . a friend who sticks closer than a brother...



A few months ago, I introduced you to my friend Andy.

He is the true definition of a friend.

He is loyal, loving, sees past my disabilities and he is full of surprises.


You may recall, he is the one that decorated my school room for my birthday.

Andy is a MARINE. He was called back to duty this spring - he is serving our country - he serves so that I can live in freedom and safety.

One of the very special sweet surprises that Andy gave to me is shown in this picture. A tradition carried on since World War II, a soldier will give his dog tags to his best girl prior to leaving for service.

I am Andy's BEST girl. (p.s. Taylor is willing to share and IS the most understanding girl friend in the world!!)


Andy will be gone for a few months and I miss him every day. I wear these dog tags often. If they are not around my neck, they are safe at home in the container shown in this picture. The bottom of the container says "Bless and Keep All Safe".

(A message to Andy)

Dear Andy: I don't know if you are able to view this BLOG but just in case you do......please know that I love you, I miss you and I am waiting for your safe return. Love, Lindsey

7 comments:

phyllis said...

What a great friend to have--we will all keep Andy in our prayers.
LINDSEY--You ae very lucky to have so many gret friends.

MyOhMy said...

That choked me up a little, I'm grateful for Andy and your friendship with each other.

Anonymous said...

I know that Andy misses you as much as you miss him, and I know that you will always have a special place in his heart.

Lynette said...

That was very sweet of Andy to give you his BEST GIRL his dog tags, MARINES are very special people our hearts go out to them... for the freedom they give us ...

Trudy said...

Hi Lindsey! Thank you so much for being Andy's friend. I know how much you mean to him. And I don't mind being third in line on his list.

Andy's Mom

Lindsey's Mom said...

To Trudy (Andy's Mom) ..... we are not in line one behind the other, but we are beside each other!!! I'm sure you are Andy's first love! He loves us all in a different way. Love is pretty cool in that way....we can love multiple people at the same time in different ways!!! I am thankful that you share him with me. Thank you for raising such a wonderful man. Love, Lindsey

cliff said...

hey dork its andy i finally got a chance to get online and i had to check out youre page. i had a dream the other night that i was back at work with all of you. I want you to know that even though it is a job i hate calling it work because lets be honest after meeting all of you even if i wasn't getting payed i would not change a thing. i have a new best friend and i get to hang out with amazing people. Thank you for all of your support lindsay and i will see you soon.