Sunday, November 22, 2009

Some Decisions are SO hard, but must be made for the betterment of ALL....
I know that I have mentioned my dog Molly on this BLOG in the past.

Here's a little history ...... Mom thought I needed a Dog and a Best Friend. So she searched for over one year to find the perfect companion for me. When we finally found her, we thought she was the cutest thing, trained her, loved her .... but she and I never became Best Friends. Molly favored Dad. Sometimes I would pull her ears and she probably wished she was an "only child". She was NEVER mean to me - she just ignored or avoided me. Mom & Dad tried to force us to acknowledge each other once in a while. Molly would play catch with me sometimes but she preferred laying on my bed pillow more than snuggling with me. Molly will be 7 years old in February and definitely became part of our little family.

Now the hard part...the decision - My Dad retired earlier this year and we have several trips planned in the future and will probably become "snowbirds" when I finish school in 2011. We have been leaving Molly a lot lately and it is hard for her to be alone - she is VERY social. We had to make a very hard decision about whether to keep her or find a new home for her.

God answered our prayers.... We found the PERFECT new home for her.
Yesterday she started living with her new family. We are all sad for us but happy for her.

The family that adopted her lives in my Grandma's neighborhood. My mom has known them all her life. They are wonderful friends. They are a young retired couple and their grandchildren live right across the street. They live in the country - a quiet road with little traffic. The grandchildren are so good with her and good for her. She warmed up to them quickly and they love her already.

The really cool thing about this change is that my Grandma will still see Molly and we can also go visit her. We don't want her to get confused so we will probably let her get settled before we pay her a visit.

We feel really good about our decision but our house sure is different without our little Molly. We love her and I know she loved us!!! :(( silly Mom crying over a dog!!!

Hope you enjoy the following pictures of Molly and her new family!!!

1 comment:

phyllis said...

Lindsey--I am so happy to have MOLLIE for my neighbor--she will get a lot of exercise out here. The kids in the neighborhood all like her.