Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Test Results . . . . What we know today . . .

I know that many of you have been praying for me regarding my weight loss and difficulty eating. Mom spoke to the Gastroenterologist and our Family Doctor on the phone last week . . . here is a summary of what we have learned over the past month.....

  • A muscle in my neck is weak making it difficult to swallow. Both doctors feel that this weakening is not from the medicine I take but instead part of the progression of my disability.
  • I am taking a new stomach medicine - different kind and higher dose - It seems to be working well - I have less heart-burn and less complaining.
  • We are monitoring my weight - It has stayed the same for about 3 week - I am maintaining - which is good. Doctor says that if I continue to loss, I will need a feeding tube (not really what we want).
  • My diet has changed to softer foods, BOOST, slower eating and lots of drinks during eating.
  • I have a follow-up appointment with the Gastroenterologist on Dec 15.
  • Next Tuesday, I have a "well-check" appointment with our family doctor to prepare for an out-patient procedures (Dec 19) - Teeth Cleaning and Endoscopy. At that time, there will certainly be further discussion on my overall health.

We are really trying (with God's help) to live each day based on what we know today and not worry about tomorrow. Thank you for praying for me - we really saw God's hand in both the procedures. In my world, it should not have gone that smoothly!!!!!! God is VERY good and he keeps showing us how much he loves us. We felt your prayers - Thank you for your love and support.

2 comments:

phyllis said...

Gramma is praying for you----and a lot of others that you don`t even know--plus you have more friends than the average bear! love ya!

MyOhMy said...

It sounds like you are keeping good track of your health and giving the credit where it is due... good job my friend!