Saturday, October 18, 2008

A day off from school and a visit with my friend.....

I had the day off from school yesterday .... a district holiday .... I slept until 10:45 am and then I went to the Mall. That is pretty much a perfect day for me. I like to hang out there when I don't have school. The food court is a fun place to have lunch. I always run into someone I know or even make new friends.
I have become friends with people just because I visit the mall often - they are called my "mall friends". I actually visited with two of them yesterday!


This is my very special friend Ellan. She moved to this area from Texas about 18 months ago to live closer to her daughter. She has an apartment in a senior housing complex. We attend the same church. About three weeks ago, my friend fell in the middle of the night and hurt her chest very bad. She was in the hospital a few days and then had to go to a rehabilitation center to recover. She fell two more time since then so she is not able to return to her own apartment yet. I went to the nursing home today with my Grandma Phyllis and my Mom to visit Ellan. It was the first time Grandma met Ellan. The four of us had a nice visit. She was very happy to see me and I was very happy to see her. She is a sweet Texas gal with a BIG heart. We are thankful that we have become friends. I hope you are able to meet my friend Ellan some day. It was a good day.

5 comments:

phyllis said...

It was a great day with you today--singing good gospel songs at the memorial--having lunch and visiting Ellen! love you pumpkin!

Lynette said...

Such a social butterfly you are!!!
I'm glad you have good friends and had fun!!!
Aunt Nettie

MyOhMy said...

Your friend looks sweet... you two peas look happy together. I love your first picture too, it look like you took it of yourself - you know what I mean. You are so good to everyone you meet, that's why you connect so quickly... love you sweetie!

Keeker said...

Girl you are such a sewwtie and so easy to love. Thanks for sharing your friends with us.
Love You

Lynette said...

I'm glad they were able to adjust
them for you, nothing worst than
a bad fit that concerns your feet.
Glad you had fun with mom and your friend.. Olive garden is one of my favorites too!!!!