Friday, October 24, 2008

Hayride....Bonfire...Singing...Chili Supper...

Well.....that was the plan.....An "Adult Social" was planned for tonight with a group of my friends from church. The plan was to go to a farm just north of town where our Sunday School teacher lives, have a bonfire, a hayride, sing around the fire and enjoy a chili supper.

At about 3:00 pm it started to rain. It continued to rain and EVERYTHING was wet. We received a phone call letting us know that the party was quickly moved inside. We have a beautiful room on our church property that is a home-like gathering place with a fireplace and warm atmosphere. This place was probably better for me because my parents were concerned about me being outside in the cold. I was able to go for a while and hang out with my friends - I watched a skit, ate good food, drank apple cider, enjoyed wonderful singing around the fireplace (instead of the bonfire) with all lights out, observed lots of silliness!!! Then the games started.....I became "over-excited" and had a bit of a meltdown when they were playing an aggressive game where they were chasing each other around with a rolled-up newspaper, a lot of laughing and LOUD noise. I couldn't really handle the stimulation so I went home to my quiet place, snuggled in my bed and called it a day - I had fun and I am glad that I was included in the "Adult Social". I have a lot of sweet friends and they always want me to be a part of their lives. God has blessed me with a wonderful church family and I am thankful.

2 comments:

phyllis said...

SOUNDS LIKE A PRETTY GOOD DAY--EVEN IF IT DID RAIN! THOSE EXCITING THINGS DO MAKE A MELT-DOWN SOMETIMES--THAT`S WHY YOUR BED IS SUCH A COZY PLACE TO RETREAT TO. WE ARE ALL LIKE THAT SOMETIMES.

MyOhMy said...

Oh Lindsey, I missed this post somehow.... I think it's neat that you are making a lot of friends at church. You are a social butterfly sometimes, so it's fun that it's called an "adult social" - sounds perfectly suited for you. I'm glad that you still were able to do something even though it rained - quite a flexible group of friends you have there ;)