Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Day of Remembrance and A Day of Celebration


102 years ago today this sweet grandma was born. She is my "Great-Grandma". She was 78 years old when I was born and she has been in Heaven for 8 years. She always gave me BIG soft hugs. She was a great cook and a very hard worker when she was able - she was faithful to her family, her job, and her church - her last years were VERY hard - even though we miss her very much, we are so glad that she lives with Jesus now!!! I know that there will be a GRAND birthday celebration today - beyond our comprehension - Who knows...she's probably cookin' up a load of fried chicken and all the yummy foods she enjoyed so much! We miss you GRANDMA D - Have fun Celebrating your birthday with God and Jesus.....


This picture was taken the night before my Aunt married this wonderful man - 11 years ago today!! He is strong but in a gentle way - he is an awesome father to their two children - he has faced life & death with my aunt - he's a faithful provider for his family - he loves the outdoors and finds adventure in it - he introduced "abelskivvers" to our family for breakfast on Christmas morning, he motivates my aunt when she really needs a push to keep going - he loves his God and his family and I am thankful that my Aunt S made such a wonderful choice!!!
Congratulations Uncle J and Aunt S for being a great example of a faithful christian family. Hope you have a fun day - I love you and miss you.
(Click here if you would like to see more of Uncle J & Aunt S's life together)

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Such a nice picture of you and grandma D, we all miss her very much... she was a very special person in my life. Some of the thing I am as a person is because of what she taught me. I miss her fried chicken too, and her funny stories she would tell us about growing up. Happy Birthday Grandma
D we love you and miss you!!!!!
Aunt Nettie

Happy anniversary to my sweet sister and hubby!!!
Love you

MyOhMy said...

L,
We miss Grandma D too! She was an extrordinary woman who meant a lot to our family. I can't wait to see her in heaven someday. I think of her often and especially on this day. Thank you for sharing part of her story, I could really use one of those soft hugs from her right now :)

Thank you for all the nice things you said about my hubby. I love him and I'm glad that we get to share our lives together.

Love you sweet pea,
Aunt S

phyllis said...

LINDSEY--WHAT A NICE TRIBUTE TO A GRAMMA WHO LOVED YOU AND ALL HER OTHER KIDS AND GRANDS AND GREATS. I THINK YOU AND GRAM D. WERE GOOD BUDDIES!